Maria Madalena das Neves is an associate professor and researcher in Energy Law and Law of the Sea at the K. G. Jebsen Centre for the Law of the Sea, Faculty of Law, University of Tromsø – The Arctic University of Norway. Maria is an attorney enrolled in the Portuguese Bar Association and has worked as an attorney with a number of companies and public entities in the energy and maritime sectors.From 2010 to 2016 she was also the legal advisor to the Honorary Consul of Portugal to Tromsø, Norway. Maria holds a Licenciatura in law (Portuguese Catholic University), a Postgraduate Diploma in maritime law (Portuguese Lusophone University), a LL.M. in law of the sea (University of Tromsø), a PhD in energy law (University of Tromsø), and is a graduate from the Rhodes Academy for Oceans Law and Policy. Maria has also been a visiting researcher at the Groningen Centre for Energy Law at the University of Groningen, and a visiting associate professor at the Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies at the University of Kobe, Japan.
- Palestine Takes to the Sea: a Commentary on Palestine’s Declaration concerning its Maritime Claims
- Welcome to you all, new NCLOS Blog’s Readers!
- Settlement of the Dispute concerning the Arctic Sunrise – A belated recognition of the relevance of the award on the merits in the Arctic Sunrise case?
- Freedom of Navigation Following the M/V “Norstar” Case
- Navigational rights of warships through the Northern Sea Route (NSR) – all bark and no bite?
- Freedom of Navigation Following the M/V “Norstar” Case on
- Slovenia/Croatia arbitration – Is the territorial sea delimitation inconsistent with the case law on maritime delimitation? on
- The Norwegian snow crab regime and foreign vessels – a commentary on the Juras Vilkas decision of the Øst-Finnmark District Court on
- About this blog on