Prof. Dr. Nele Matz-Lück, LL.M. is Professor of the Law of the Sea and co-director of the Walther Schücking Institute for International Law at the University of Kiel since 2011 and a member of the Cluster of Excellency “The Future Ocean”. She is an adjunct professor at the K.G. Jebsen Centre on the Law of the Sea at the University of Tromsø since January 2014. From 2004 to 2011 she held a position as senior research fellow at the Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law in Heidelberg. During that time she was delegated to the Federal Constitutional Court of Germany as a research fellow for two years (2005-2007). She completed her doctoral thesis at Heidelberg University Law School in 2003. For most of the time of her Ph.D. studies she was employed as a junior research fellow at the Max Planck Institute in Heidelberg. She took her second legal State Examination at the end of her two year clerkship at the regional appeal court of Cologne in 2004. Prof. Matz-Lück completed LL.M. studies in “Environmental Law & Management” in 2000 at the University of Aberystwyth (Wales). Starting in 1993 she studied law at the Universities of Trier, Lausanne and, finally, Heidelberg, where she took her first legal State Examination in 1998. She teaches and gives presentations in Germany and abroad. Her main areas of research and publications include the law of the sea, international environmental law and fundamental questions of public international law.
- Palestine Takes to the Sea: a Commentary on Palestine’s Declaration concerning its Maritime Claims
- Welcome to you all, new NCLOS Blog’s Readers!
- Settlement of the Dispute concerning the Arctic Sunrise – A belated recognition of the relevance of the award on the merits in the Arctic Sunrise case?
- Freedom of Navigation Following the M/V “Norstar” Case
- Navigational rights of warships through the Northern Sea Route (NSR) – all bark and no bite?
- Freedom of Navigation Following the M/V “Norstar” Case on
- Slovenia/Croatia arbitration – Is the territorial sea delimitation inconsistent with the case law on maritime delimitation? on
- The Norwegian snow crab regime and foreign vessels – a commentary on the Juras Vilkas decision of the Øst-Finnmark District Court on
- About this blog on