Maddalena Visser is a research associate at the Netherlands Institute for the Law of the Sea (NILOS) at Utrecht University. She graduated from her LLM Public International Law, with a specialisation in the environment and the law of the sea, from Utrecht University in 2016 (cum laude). Before joining NILOS she was an intern at the Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea (DOALOS) at the Office of Legal Affairs of the United Nations. Her research involves the role of equity in the allocation of fisheries resources.
- Geneva Declaration on Human Rights at Sea (Version 1, 5 April 2019) – a contribution to the discussion on human rights in the maritime context
- Assessing the role of strategic environmental assessments in the conservation and sustainable use of marine biodiversity of areas beyond national jurisdiction
- Reflecting on the meaning of “not undermining” ahead of IGC-2
- The Senator Case – A new turn in Norway’s dealings with foreign vessels operating in the waters off Svalbard
- A global treaty on the conservation and sustainable use of marine biodiversity of areas beyond national jurisdiction: threat or opportunity for Arctic Ocean governance?