Call for Papers
. Proceedings will be published in LNCS, Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
The 19th Nordic Conference on Secure IT Systems will be held in Tromsø, Norway, October 15-17, 2014. NordSec addresses a broad range of topics within IT security with the aims of bringing together computer security researchers and encourage interaction between academia and industry. In 2014 the conference has special focus on Security and Privacy for Cloud Computing and Big Data.
NordSec 2014 welcomes contributions within, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Applied cryptography
- Communication and network security
- Internet and web-security
- Operating system security
- Software security
- Language-based techniques for security
- Security protocols
- Access control and security models
- Privacy and privacy-enhancing technologies
- Trust and reputation management
- Security evaluation and measurements
- Commercial security policies and enforcement
- Computer crime and information warfare
- Social engineering and phishing
- Intrusion detection
- Security management and audit
- New ideas and paradigms in security
- Usable security and privacy
Contributions should reflect original research, developments, studies and experience. Papers should not exceed 16 pages (including references and appendices) in the Springer LNCS format; the proceedings will be published in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Additionally short papers are solicited for 5 minutes presentations; they will appear in locally printed proceedings.
Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings.
All submitted papers will be judged based on their quality and relevance through double-blind reviewing, where the identities of the authors are withheld from the reviewers. As an author, you are required to make a good-faith effort to preserve the anonymity of your submission, while at the same time allowing the reader to fully grasp the context of related past work, including your own. Minimally, please take the following steps when preparing your submission:
- Remove the names and affiliations of authors from the title page.
- Remove acknowledgment of identifying names and funding sources.
- Use care in referring to related work, particularly your own. Do not omit references to provide anonymity, as this leaves the reviewer unable to grasp the context. Instead, reference your past work in the third person, just as you would any other piece of related work by another author.
- 29th April 2014: Deadline for submission of abstracts
- 6th May 2014: Deadline for submission of papers
- 10th June 2014: Notification
- 19th July 2014: Deadline for camera-ready version of accepted papers
General Conference Chair
Ragnar Soleng (University of Tromsø, Norway)
Programme Committee co-Chairs
Karin Bernsmed (NTNU/SINTEF, Norway)
Simone Fischer-Hübner (Karlstad University, Sweden).