Julia Gaunce is completing a thesis-based LL.M at the Faculty of Law, University of Calgary, writing on international law, treaty interpretation and the law of the sea. She is a member of the Alberta Law Society, and has practiced in the areas of Canadian natural resource, indigenous, human rights and employment law, in both commercial and litigation contexts. She holds an MA in English Literature.
- Settlement of the Dispute concerning the Arctic Sunrise – A belated recognition of the relevance of the award on the merits in the Arctic Sunrise case?
- Freedom of Navigation Following the M/V “Norstar” Case
- Navigational rights of warships through the Northern Sea Route (NSR) – all bark and no bite?
- Geneva Declaration on Human Rights at Sea (Version 1, 5 April 2019) – a contribution to the discussion on human rights in the maritime context
- Assessing the role of strategic environmental assessments in the conservation and sustainable use of marine biodiversity of areas beyond national jurisdiction