Dr. Vito De Lucia is a postdoctoral fellow at the K.G. Jebsen Centre for the Law of the Sea, UiT Arctic University of Norway. Currently, and until June 2017, De Lucia is also a Visiting Fellow at the Institute for International Legal Studies (ISGI) of the National Research Council of Italy (CNR). De Lucia’s most immediate research interests are located at the intersection of critical theory, law and ecology, with particular focus on international environmental law and climate justice. At the same time, he is increasingly interested in the concept of the commons (in both legal and political philosophical terms), and on reading law through the lens of so-called “Italian Theory”. His postdoc project focuses on the concept of commons in international law, and on the current preparatory process that should lead towards the adoption of an implementing agreement of UNCLOS on the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity in marine areas beyond national jurisdiction, with special focus on marine genetic resources. In September 2015 De Lucia was awarded the Annual Richard Macrory Prize for best article in the Journal of Environmental Law (Oxford University Press) for 2015.
- When crocodiles and kangaroos dance together, anything is possible: Report of the Timor-Leste and Australia Conciliation Commission
- Maritime Delimitation in Ghana/Côte d’Ivoire: Predictability … with an Occasional Glitch
- Towards Normative Coherence in the International Law of the Sea for the Conservation and Sustainable Use of Marine Biological Diversity of Areas Beyond National Jurisdiction
- Did the latest Resolution on Marine Plastic Litter and Microplastics take us any closer to pollution-free oceans?
- Opposite or adjacent – does it make a difference? Delimiting the continental shelf beyond 200 nm
- The December 2015 Washington Meeting on High Seas Fishing in the Central Arctic Ocean on
- Slovenia/Croatia arbitration – Is the territorial sea delimitation inconsistent with the case law on maritime delimitation? on
- The Norwegian snow crab regime and foreign vessels – a commentary on the Juras Vilkas decision of the Øst-Finnmark District Court on
- About this blog on