Erik Jaap Molenaar has been with the Netherlands Institute for the Law of the Sea (NILOS) at Utrecht University since 1994 and currently holds the position of Deputy Director. In 2006 he also became employed by the University of Tromsø, Norway, where he currently is a Professor with the K.G. Jebsen Centre for the Law of the Sea (JCLOS). His research interests include the international law relating to shipping, fishing and the polar regions.
- Settlement of the Dispute concerning the Arctic Sunrise – A belated recognition of the relevance of the award on the merits in the Arctic Sunrise case?
- Freedom of Navigation Following the M/V “Norstar” Case
- Navigational rights of warships through the Northern Sea Route (NSR) – all bark and no bite?
- Geneva Declaration on Human Rights at Sea (Version 1, 5 April 2019) – a contribution to the discussion on human rights in the maritime context
- Assessing the role of strategic environmental assessments in the conservation and sustainable use of marine biodiversity of areas beyond national jurisdiction