Maddalena Visser is a research associate at the Netherlands Institute for the Law of the Sea (NILOS) at Utrecht University. She graduated from her LLM Public International Law, with a specialisation in the environment and the law of the sea, from Utrecht University in 2016 (cum laude). Before joining NILOS she was an intern at the Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea (DOALOS) at the Office of Legal Affairs of the United Nations. Her research involves the role of equity in the allocation of fisheries resources.
- Settlement of the Dispute concerning the Arctic Sunrise – A belated recognition of the relevance of the award on the merits in the Arctic Sunrise case?
- Freedom of Navigation Following the M/V “Norstar” Case
- Navigational rights of warships through the Northern Sea Route (NSR) – all bark and no bite?
- Geneva Declaration on Human Rights at Sea (Version 1, 5 April 2019) – a contribution to the discussion on human rights in the maritime context
- Assessing the role of strategic environmental assessments in the conservation and sustainable use of marine biodiversity of areas beyond national jurisdiction