Submissions are invited for the 16th Munin Conference on Scholarly Publishing, 15–18 November 2021! The Munin Conference is an annual event on scholarly communication, primarily revolving around open access, open data and other aspects of open science. Usually held at UiT The Arctic University of Norway in Tromsø, for the second year in a row the conference will be digital.
We hereby welcome abstract submissions on topics including, but not limited to:
- Research and researcher assessment
- Innovations in scholarly communication
- Accessibility (web accessibility) in scholarly publishing
- Open access books
We accept submissions for the following formats:
- Presentation (max 10 minutes)
- Poster for a Twitter poster session
Abstracts must be submitted via Septentrio Conference Series. Please read the Submission Guidelines below. The program committee will select contributions on the basis of the quality of the individual abstract, as well as relevance for the overall conference program.
Deadline for abstract submission: 5 September 2021
Notification of acceptance: 17 September 2021
Conference to be held: 15–18 November 2021
- The conference language is English.
- The conference platform will be Zoom.
- All communications about your abstract will be sent to the email address you used for the submission.
How to submit
Abstracts must be submitted via Septentrio Conference Series, which is used by the Munin conference to publish presentations and posters. In order to submit an abstract, go to the login page to create a profile – remember to tick off the Author role. The journal sections that may be chosen for the Munin conference in Septentrio Conference Series are Presentations and Posters.
- All authors must have an ORCID and a short bio, 2–3 sentences. Indicate who will be the presenting author.
- Provide a short abstract in the Abstract field (this is the description that will be shown to conference participants).
- Upload a more detailed description – up to 1000 words – of your submission as a Submission File (this will be used by the organizing committee to judge the suitability of your submission for the conference).
- Supply 2–5 keywords.
All conference material (presentation videos, presentation slides and poster images) will have to be designed in accordance with the basic accessibility guidelines. The guidelines will be published on the conference homepage in September.
Presentations for this year’s conference will have to be pre-recorded. (At the point of abstract submission only a text abstract is required.) Presentation videos will be made openly available a few weeks before the conference, as part of the conference’s efforts to be more accessible for people with disabilities.
Posters will be discussed both on Twitter and in a dedicated session during the conference. The format of the posters will have to be optimized both for accessibility and for Twitter. Detailed information on poster format will be available on the conference website.
Amend or withdraw an abstract
Minor changes in the metadata are allowed until October 1 and can be communicated by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to withdraw an abstract, please contact the Organizing Committee by email to email@example.com. Abstract withdrawal needs to be communicated in writing by the author who originally submitted the abstract. The Organizing Committee will assume that all other authors/presenters have been informed.
- Authors will receive notification of acceptance or rejection to the email address used for the submission. The authors can follow the progress of their abstracts in the submission system.
- Notification of acceptance is 17 September 2021. Any date changes will be announced at the conference homepage.
- Upon receiving notification of acceptance, authors are required to confirm their intent to participate in the conference within one week to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please notify us if you need more time.
- Authors who fail to confirm may be withdrawn from the program at the discretion of the committee.
Submission terms and conditions
By submitting an abstract to the Munin Conference, you agree to the following:
- The author is responsible for the accuracy of the abstract.
- You confirm that the submission has been approved by your co-authors.
- The acceptance of an abstract for the Munin Conference does not imply any costs associated with preparation or presentation of the abstract, or any costs associated with attendance at the Munin Conference.
- All presenting authors must register for the conference.
- Authors retain copyright to their work, while granting the Munin Conference a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable license to distribute the presented work under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License. It is also possible to ask for a different Creative Commons license.
- Authors must embed the license in their presentation files and posters.
- You give us permission to publish the video of your presentation in Septentrio Conference Series under the same license as the rest of the materials for your presentation. Otherwise, please state your reservation to this and we will respect that. Note that all videos, independent of reservations, will have to be publicly available in the period of two–three weeks before the conference.