The 9th Norwegian Environmental Toxicology Symposium will be held for the first time at UiT The Arctic University of Norway (Tromsø) in March 2022.
NETS’s primary objectives are to bring the Norwegian scientific community, environmental managers and the industry together to share and discuss environmental challenges and solutions related to the protection of the environment.
NETS2022, endorsed as a UN Ocean Decade activity, will address scientific priorities related to the increasing anthropogenic pressures from global warming and pollution on the world’s oceans. The Ocean is a central element of our world providing multiple critical ecosystem services such as climate and nutrient regulation and food resource. Our Oceans are under increasing anthropogenic pressures from global warming and pollution. The understanding of how multiple stressors affect the marine ecosystems and environmental health at large is pressing. The scientific community needs to work towards a common understanding of the status of the oceans and collaborate to solve the present and future environmental challenges in a holistic way.
Goals of NETS2022 in a nutshell:
- contribute to the UN Sustainability goal Life Below Water (SG14) and Ocean Decade mission of Clean Ocean.
- enhance communication and exchange of cutting-edge scientific knowledge across disciplines and sectors related to Ocean health.
- promote early career scientists by providing an arena for establishing new networks among researchers.
- facilitate the development of new inter-disciplinary projects to solve current and future environmental challenges.
- provide international visibility to the Norwegian research community through a dedicated special issue in an international peer-reviewed journal.