The host group is based at the University of Tromsø. It will be responsible for organising the project and for presenting models on ethnography, history of science, and environmental archaeology. The members are:
- Prof. Bjørnar Olsen, Archaeology & Social Anth
- Prof. Ivar Bjørklund, Tromsø Museum
- Dr. Jukka Nyyssonen, History
- Dr. Ingrid Sommerseth, Tromsø Museum
- Dr. Vladislava Vladimorova, Cultural Anthropology Uppsala (formerly of Archaeology and Social Anthr UiT)
Group B: Knut Røed, Professor, Veterinærhøgskole, Oslo Knut.Roed@nmbu.no
The NVH group will be responsible for presenting the state of the art in rangifer genetics including work on mapping the rangifer genome.
- Kjersti Kvie, PhD candidate, NMBU
Group C: Professor Lars Östlund, Sveriges Landbruksuniversitet Lars.Ostlund@slu.se
The SLU group will present recent work on using botanical indicators to understand the history of reindeer land use.
- Torbjörn Josefsson, Ass’t Professor, Dept. of Ecology and environmental science.
- Anna-Maria Rautio, PhD student, Sami ethnobotany
- Björn Gunnarson, PDF, dendrochronology
Group D: Rane Willerslev, Professor, Aarhus University
Prof. Willerslev will present contemporary ethnographic models of human animal interaction and mimesis. There are no further members.
Group E: Anna-Kaisa Salmi, Post-Doctoral fellow, University of Oulu firstname.lastname@example.org
The Oulu group will present contemporary work on combining osteology with environmental indicators of husbandry. The group will consist of one senior scholar and two PhD students.
- Dr. Tiina Äikäs, post-doctoral fellow
- Matti Heino, PhD Student
- Hilkka Heikkilä, Masters student
Group F: Helena Ruotsala, Professor, University of Turku email@example.com
Prof. Ruotsala will present contemporary ethnographic and ethnological work from Eastern Scandinavia.
Group G: Artur Kharinsky, Professor, Irkutsk State Technical University firstname.lastname@example.org
The ISTU group will present the most recent Russian adaptations of Scandinavian techniques. This group has a fieldwork colloborator from Canada working on genetics.
- Prof. Robert Losey, Assistant Professor, University of Alberta
- Dr. Evgenii Matveevich Ineshin, Irkutsk State Technical University
- Oksana Petrovna Vin’kovskaia, Irkutsk State Agricultural Acadedmy
- Elena Viacheslavovna Bezrukova, Institute of Geochemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences
Group I: Kjell-Åke Aronsson, Director, Ajtte Museum