Hey, what’s this Plan S everyone is talking about?
In this episode of the podcast, we discuss Plan S. The initiative brings together eleven top national research funders, plus the European Research Council, in an effort to release some of the world’s highest quality and highest impact research from behind journal paywalls.
Today’s guest is Jan Erik Frantsvåg, Open Access adviser at the University Library at UIT – The Arctic University in Tromsø, Norway. Here are some of his engagement in Open Access:
- Responsible for expanding the activities of Septentrio Academic Publishing, our journal publishing infrastructure currently publishing six OA journals.
- Taking part in the development of our institutional repository Munin, support activities towards students and researchers and content gathering
- Norwegian member of the board of ScieCom Info, an OA journal about OA in the Nordic and Baltic countries
- Chairman of the board of SPARC Europe
- Member of DOAJ Advisory Board
- Member of CRIStin’s national expert group on OA
- Manager of the university’s OA publication fund
- Member of the editorial board of the international journal Publications
Follow him on Twitter @JEFrantsvag