Foto: Lena Knutli/NTNU
Generative Approaches to Second Language Acquisition
NTNU The Norwegian University of Science and
May 12-14, 2022
We are very pleased to have a number of prestigious key-note speakers including:
- John Archibald (University of Victoria)
- Edith Kaan (University of Florida)
- Makiko Hirakawa (Chuo University)
- Ianthi Tsimpli (University of Cambridge)
This edition of GASLA will have a special session on online methodologies for participant testing. For this session, we encourage submissions from work in progress or unsuccessful experiences is also encouraged.
We will strive to make the conference as affordable as possible. Lunches will be covered and the conference dinner will also be offered for free. In addition, we will be offering travel awards to the ten best (accepted) abstracts where students are first authors.
For the Main Session, we invite abstract submissions for 30-minute oral presentations (including 10 minutes for discussion) of original, unpublished work on all subfields of generative language acquisition: L2 acquisition, bilingualism, multilingualism, heritage
language acquisition, psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, etc.
In addition to the Main Session, there will be a special session discussing online methodologies for participant testing. Submitting results from work in progress or unsuccessful experiences is also encouraged. The submission rules for the special session are the same as those for the main session.
There will be one or two poster sessions at the GASLA conference. You can choose to send an abstract for a poster, or an oral presentation, or both.
- Abstracts should not exceed one page in letter-size or A4 paper, with one extra page for examples, tables, figures and references, with 1 inch or 2.5 cm margins on all sides and 12-point font size.
- The abstract should have a clear title and should not reveal the name of the author(s).
- The abstracts must be uploaded as PDF attachments to the EasyChair site (https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=gasla16).
- Submissions are limited to one individual and one joint abstract per author, or two joint abstracts per author. When you submit your abstract on the EasyChair site (https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=gasla16), you will be asked to provide a short summary of the abstract. Upon submission, please indicate whether your work should be considered for an oral presentation (main session or special session) or for a poster (or both). Submitting the same abstract to both the main session and to the special session is not allowed.
Our plan is to meet in person in Trondheim, Norway. However, if covid-related travel restrictions change, we will have a hybrid or online conference.
For any queries about the conference, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org