Arctic Green Computing Group
Department of Computer Science
Faculty of Science and Technology
UiT The Arctic University of Norway
N-9037 Tromsø, Norway
Visiting address: REALF A238 / Realfagbygget
Phone: +47 776 44032
Fax: +47 776 44580
You can also get in touch with the group by sending an e-mail to Phuong Ha: phuong (at) cs.uit.no.
We are located at the Department for Computer Science, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Tromsø. Here are some ways to get here:
From the city center (bus stops “Wito” or “Fr. Langes gate F1…F6”):
- Take bus 20, 21, or 32 (see here for schedules: http://www.tromskortet.no) towards the University (bus stop “UiT (Tromsø)”). The trip will take about 15 minutes and costs approximately 50 kr if you buy ticket in the bus (cash only) or 35 kr if you buy ticket using app “Troms Mobillett”.
From the airport:
- The easiest way is to take a taxi. The trip will take 5-10 minutes, and costs approximately 200 kr.
- Tromsø taxi: For booking please call 03011 or +47 776 03000
- Din Taxi: For booking please call 02045 or +47 401 02045
- If you arrived between 8.00 – 15.00 on Monday – Friday, it is relatively cheaper to take the airport express coach (Flybussen) that departs for UiT every +/- 1 hour. Please refer here for the schedule: http://www.flybussen.no/en/Tromsø. It costs 70 kr for a single adults (or 100 kr for a return ticket that valid for 30 days).
- It is also possible to take the regular bus, but this will require several route changes. From the airport terminal take the stairs or the elevator down to the parking area. Follow the signage that will lead you to the bus stop. You will need to cross the road in order to get to the correct bus stop. From there take the bus route 40 or 42 towards the city center (sentrum), and get off at Giæverbukta (one stop away). Important: If you find yourself crossing a bridge, you are going in the wrong direction. At Giæverbukta, you can take route 34 to get to the University. The total cost is approximately 50 kr and the schedules are available here: http://www.tromskortet.no. (Note: the bus driver only accepts cash for payment).
Once arrived at the University, you will find the AGC lab (room A238) on the second floor of the “Realfagbygget” building as shown in the campus map (end-point B, where start-point A is bus stop “UiT (Tromsø)”.